[tex-live] libertine wrongly packaged

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Dec 17 21:21:24 CET 2011

ok, i've found the problem.

the latest update deleted the majority of the files in the package.

the update was done at dante (as most updates are -- people obviously
believe rainer has lots more free time than me ... ha!)

my mirror, picking up the update, refused to delete that many files but
(critically) put the error messages a long way down in an enormous
report email.  and i missed them.

i've suppressed the "embarrassed about too many files" provision for a
remirror, and as far as i can see, cambridge and dante are in synch
again.  so tl will see this emasculated version of libertine, and the
package will get rebuilt.

(i only realised today what the actual problem was.  seems odd to be
sending ctan synch error reports to tex live -- not least since that
means that only one member of the ctan team sees them.  still, can't be
helped.)

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team