[tex-live] How to exclude a package from updating?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Dec 12 23:50:32 CET 2011

Hi Alexander,

On Mo, 12 Dez 2011, AW wrote:
> the new libertine-package requires luatex or xetex, but you can not use pdftex
> any longer to compile your files: either pdftex or libertine.

Interesting, I didn't see it till now.

> Can I exclude the libertine package from updating by putting it on a
> blacklist? Otherwise, by excluding it manually, there is a fat chance that I
> forget some day.

Unfortunately not by now, there is no such facility. If it is
necessary andmore people ask for it I can implement it in tlmgr.

For the time being I suggest the following approach: in your installation
in 2011/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb I would change the revision number of
the libertine package to something really big. If you add three "0" at
the end it might be long enough for the next few years that your version
of libertine is faked to be much newer than what we ship.

But don't forget to make a backup copy first, in casein the editing
process something goes wrong.

Best wishes

Norbert