[tex-live] TeX capacity exceeded

Bernhard Kleine bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Tue Dec 6 11:08:25 CET 2011

I got stuck with the above error. I have 16 chapters all \included into
the main document. Any chapter by itself with the frontmatter and the
backmatter compiles well, the file where PDFLaTeX gets stuck compiles
well by itself. I am thus convinced that I really have a memory problem
and not missing braces.
Years ago usings tetex I could enhance memory by changing in texmf.d
individual counters and generate format files. Since I changed to
texlive and etex in 2007, there has been no further need to manipulate
these conf-files.

Where and how do I provide more memory for PDFLaTeX in texlive 2011.

(I have /etc/temxmf/texmf.d conf-files under ubuntu 11.10 but these I
guess belong to the texlive2009 files still necessary on ubuntu.)

Any help welcome!

Bernhard