[tex-live] beamer misses amsthm

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Thu Aug 25 13:08:40 CEST 2011

Lars Madsen wrote:
> Arno Trautmann wrote, On 2011-08-25 12:47:
>> Lars Madsen wrote:
>>> Arno Trautmann wrote, On 2011-08-25 12:34:
>>> have you tried adking tlmgr (the command line tool, not the gui) to
>>> simply reinstall amscls?
>>
>> tlmgr install --reinstall amscls
>>
>> did the job, thanks!
>>
>>> I've seen this problem when installing, there is an option to tlmgr
>>> (sadly I do not remember the name) that can be used to force
>>> reinstallation of a package.
>>
>> Ok … but why did I have to do that? Did I screw anything, was it my
>> fault? Or why has the package been removed?
>>
>> cheers
>> Arno
>
> There has been a lot of talk lately about antivirus software and
> filelocking.
 >
> The installer/updater may end up being confused and marks it as
> something that have been forcely removed.
>
> It might be something like this. I've seen it a few times on users PCs
> lately.

I'm on a linux (x86_64) machine without any antivirus software or
similar … to be more verbose, the following packages are reported every
tlmgr run:

skipping forcibly removed package amscls  (no more now)
skipping forcibly removed package chemnum
skipping forcibly removed package context
skipping forcibly removed package cyrillic
skipping forcibly removed package othelloboard
skipping forcibly removed package pst-rubans

Should I just --reinstall them and forget about it?

cheers
Arno