[tex-live] mips64el-linux: requirements for adding a new architecture to TL

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Aug 17 00:53:48 CEST 2011

    (I'm not asking about inclusion on DVD, but about inclusion into SVN
    repository.)

To date we have never had platforms in svn that do not also end up on
the DVD.  But there is no particular problem with it, in principle.  I
assume you don't actually object to inclusion on the DVD, if there ends
up being space next year.

    I would like to ask what are the requirements to add new
    architectures to TeX Live's SVN repository.

I don't recall ever adding (or removing) platforms during the year, but
only making these changes after the freeze.  Instead, I link to new
binary sets from the TL web pages so people on those platforms can get
them.  But since the point is to have them in the context distribution,
clearly that won't help.

Let me ask, can you use tlcontrib for this?  (I have no idea how or if
that would work out.)  Taco?

I am not rejecting the idea of adding a new platform to TL, but I'd
rather not break that ground if I don't have to.

    I built the binaries on Debian Squeeze

Please send the output of:
uname -a
gcc -v