[tex-live] xelatex fail with TL-2011

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 17 00:30:23 CEST 2011

On Aug 16, 2011, at 5:15 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Mi, 17 Aug 2011, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> I compared the two log files and I see quite a lot of differences
>> I cannot explain ...
>
> I got an email from Herbert and it seems you are having an old version
> of the l3 experimental stuff.
>
> Can you show me the output of
> 	tlmgr show l3kernel l3packages l3experimental
>
> You could try:
> 	tlmgr remove --force l3kernel l3packages l3experimental
> 	# check that the respective directories are empty
> 	tlmgr install l3kernel l3packages l3experimental
> to be sure to get the latest updates.
>
> All the best
>
> Norbert

Howdy,

If you look at the log it appears that the older folders haven't removed (e.g., the expl3 package is in an expl3 folder rather than a l3kernel folder). I seem to remember that there was a problem for a short period of time where the old folders structure wasn't removed and the old files were being found and used.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)