[tex-live] Problems installing TexLive under Windows 7 - Perl and Tar trouble

Gyntelberg, Jacob Jacob.Gyntelberg at bis.org
Fri Aug 12 14:04:39 CEST 2011

Dear TexLive team

We have been trying without much luck to install TexLive in our Windows 7 environment.

When using the install bat file the install actually runs at least initially. After getting pretty far (almost to the end) both perl and tar crash - with no information provided in log files. Simply closed down by Windows. Having run the install both locally and from a network drive and with and without full adminstrator rights the same problems occur.

Our best guess is that the distributed Perl/Tar apps don't work correctly on Win7 x64. It may however also be the admin rights or other changes my employers specific Windows 7 configuration that causes problems.

Any suggestions and/or views on what might be the root cause would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Jacob Gyntelberg

Jacob Gyntelberg
Senior Economist
Bank for International Settlements
Centralbahnplatz 2
CH 4002
Basel
Switzerland

E-mail: jacob.gyntelberg at bis.org
Main: +41 61 280 8080
Direct: +41 61 280 8891

Disclaimer

This e-mail message shall not be construed as legally binding on the Bank for International Settlements (BIS).

As internet communications are not secure, the BIS does not accept responsibility for the content of this message.

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments thereto from your system.

Thank you for your cooperation.