[tex-live] Using tlmgr/TeXLive utility to install local versions of a package

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Aug 7 13:50:09 CEST 2011

On So, 07 Aug 2011, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> How one can modify tlmgr.pl so it can install in the local or private directory?

The solution is not as simple as you suppose.

I have some time ago, probably now outdated, prepared a patch
to tlmgr and texlive.infra to allow for user mode, see
	telxive-svn/Master/tlpkg/archive/dev.usermode-tlmgr.*
but we decided *not* to include it since till now no convincing argument
why one would actually *need* it did arise.

Best wishes

Norbert