[tex-live] Using tlmgr/TeXLive utility to install local versions of a package

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Aug 6 05:12:56 CEST 2011

On Fr, 05 Aug 2011, Alan Munn wrote:
> Can I use tlmgr and/or TeXLive utility to install a package only into a test texmf directory?  If so, how do I do it?

No, this is not possible at the moment, and it is very unclear if we
every want to have this feature.

Why do you need it? An installation into the normal tree should not
interfere with any other package?

Best wishes

Norbert
GLOSSOP (n.)
A rouge blob of food. Glossops, which are generally streaming hot and
highly adhesive invariably fall off your spoon and on to the surface
of your host's highly polished antique-rosewood dining table. If this
has not, or may not have, been noticed by the company present, swanage
(q.v.) may be employed.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff