[tex-live] floatflt license

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Aug 3 19:28:11 CEST 2011

Le 03/08/2011 17:30, robin.fairbairns at gmail.com a écrit :
> While other-nonfree is sufficient (aiui) to keep a package out of tl, it is a
> statement that remains open to interpretation.

Do TeX Live and the CTAN catalogue really have different definitions of free? If
not, then other-nonfree or whatever-nonfree is indeed sufficient to keep a
package out of TL. If we do have different definitions, then life just becomes a
little bit more complicated.

> However, the licence as stated seems to me to preclude mtce, so it is surely
> (at least) undesirable.

(I'm sorry, mtce = ?)

> I don't have access to the svn just now, but I have a vague memory that. I
> discussed the change from the previous "other"

Ok, please let us know when you get the info.

Well, I started checking history too: floatflt was remove from TL on 2008-01-25;
the last version of floatflt.ins in TL has a non-commercial clause, which is
consistent with the 'nosell' indication in our ctan2tds file. On CTAN,
floatflt.ins is dated 2008-03-30 and doesn't contain this clause any more. Could
it be that the author adapted the licence statement but this change went unnoticed?

Manuel.