[tex-live] Pb with Iwona font and realscripts
khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Sep 24 18:35:57 CEST 2010
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 06:28:24PM +0200, Daniel Flipo wrote:
> Will Robertson a écrit le 22/09/2010 15:40 :
> >I can't reproduce this behaviour; the only change I made to the input file was
> >instead to load the font from the texmf tree.
> >At the end of your log file is written:
> Thanks Will, adding ".otf" also works for me :-)
> Following your hint:
> >You can debug such problems by running XeTeX with the -no-pdf option, then convert the xdv with the -vv flag to see what's going wrong. I don't have much experience with this; perhaps the XeTeX mailing list will be able to provide more information from here.
> I find out that the type1 file "iwonar.pfb" is used instead of
> "Iwona-Regular.otf" :-( I thought xdvipdfmx would search first for
> OpenType font, then for type1 fonts only if no OpenType font was
> found... I'll add the .otf suffixe everytime to be sure of what
But this way you have to also set italic, bold and other variants
manually, or else you will be getting upright for every thing.
Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team
Free font developer
More information about the tex-live