[tex-live] context missing in tlmgr list

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Sep 23 03:29:08 CEST 2010

Running `tlmgr list` shows many lines of

  context.somearch: somearch files of context

but there is no

i context: shortdesc

line beforehand.  I use this in TeX Live Utility to determine a parent/child relationship in an outline view.  For example:

i amstex: American Mathematical Society plain TeX macros.
  amstex.alpha-linux: alpha-linux files of amstex
  amstex.amd64-freebsd: amd64-freebsd files of amstex

In this case, I construct a tree with amstex.arch lines as children of amstex.  Is the context case an oversight in the database, or should I try to come up with a workaround?

thanks,
Adam