[tex-live] Fwd: [OS X TeX] Beamer in MacTeX 2009 vs. 2010

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 16 05:00:53 CEST 2010

Hello Victor,

thanks for the bug report.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 08:00:00PM -0400, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> \documentclass{beamer}
> \usetheme{default}
> \begin{document}
> Sample
> \end{document}
>
> I can reproduce it and another user on MacOS mailing list was able to
> reproduce after upgrading to hyperref 6.81n.
>
> PS Definitely texhax is a much better place to ask general rather than
> mac-specific TeX questions

Indeed, e.g. I am not reading MacOS mailing list, but texhax.

The example can be reduced to (beamer is way to complex):

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\hypersetup{pdfborder={0 0 0}}
\begin{document}
\end{document}

I have added sanity checks for some options that directly write
PDF code. For example:
  \usepackage[pdfborder=0 0 0]{hyperref}
would end up as "000" in the PDF file, because LaTeX
strips spaces. Also nothing stops from writing:
  \hypersetup{pdfborder={funny invalid stuff}}
The result would be invalid PDF files.

However I forgot a backslash in the pattern to escape "[".
Fixed now in hyperref 6.81o.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek