[tex-live] tlmgr list requires remote repo?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Sep 14 16:04:43 CEST 2010

Hi Norbert,

On Sep 14, 2010, at 1:01 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On 09/14/2010 12:20 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>> Would it be possible for tlmgr list to work even if the package repository version does not match?
>
> It does, add
> 	--only-installed
> as option and it will not load the remote database.

Well, I'm an idiot for sure...I'm actually using that in my code when no network is available.  Maybe that's why it seems that we've had this conversation before :).

> So to solve the problems I see only one way for now:
> - for 2009 you should update TLU to use --only-installed
> - for 2010 I can change tlmgr so that if loading the remote tlpdb in action_list fails, we fall back to --only-installed

That fallback would be nifty, but --only-installed is exactly what I was looking for.

Now I just have to make sure my repository version checking is robust enough and called in the right places, so I can disable the right parts of the UI.  I'm looking for a line like "depend release/2010" after 00texlive.config.

thanks!
Adam