[tex-live] Building TeXLive in Mac OS X 10.6

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 27 02:53:18 CEST 2010

Here is Dick's approach for the binaries in the distribution:

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:50:37 -0700
From: Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu>
To: karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry)
Subject: Re: [gzjjgod at gmail.com: [tex-live] Building TeXLive in Mac OS X 10.6]

Karl,

My solution is to

	./Build --disable-xetex  --disable-xdv2pdf --disable-xdvipdfmx

on Snow Leopard. Then I build regularly on Leopard (Leopard can also run
64 bit binaries, but the compiler by default produces 32 bit binaries),
and move the missing 32-bit binaries to the mix.

I suspect it is possible to tell Snow Leopard to build 32 bit binaries,
but I've never had to do it, so I didn't try.

Dick

PS: I can certainly build the latest sources for him in 32 bits if
he doesn't have access to Leopard.