[tex-live] Document compile problem (TeX Live 2010.1, Arch Linux x64)

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 17:41:16 CEST 2010

Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> == My understanding of the problem ==
>
> As I undestand the cause of the problem is that xkeyval package exhausts
> the available memory, and even increasing it wouldn't help.
>
> Some investigation:
> 1. If the line '\defaultfontfeatures' would be commented then the
> document compiles fine.
> 2. If the lines with language setting (default and other) are commented
> the document compiles fine.
> 3. If one add font settings immediatly after the fontspec (or
> polyglossia) package the the rest commands the document compiles fine.
>
> I'm not sure what the reason why xkeyval enter into loop that fontspec
> and polyglossia are used in that sequence.

This is the minimal example I could find

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}
\setdefaultlanguage{greek}
\setmainfont{DejaVu Sans}
\begin{document}
Hello world!
\end{document}

It makes XeTeX goes into an infinite loop for me. I know that :
- replacing the Scale=... font feature by Ligatures=TeX removes the
  infinite loop
- the infinite loop appears for greek and russian languages, but not english

The file gloss-greek.ldf has :
\PolyglossiaSetup{greek}{
  script=Greek,
  scripttag=grek,
  frenchspacing=true,
  indentfirst=true,
  fontsetup=true,
  %TODO localalph={greek at alph,greek at Alph}
}

If I comment in this file either the "script" line or the "scripttag" line,
everything becomes fine.

--
Rémy Oudompheng.