[tex-live] issue with input stack size

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Thu Oct 14 22:29:55 CEST 2010

On 10/14/2010 09:57 PM, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> 2010/10/14 Pablo Rodríguez<oinos at web.de>:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm composing a presentation and for some weird reason I get the following
>> error when I mark a text with \textit{} (\textbf{} is not problematic,
>> though):
>>
>>     TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
>>
>> I added "stack_size = 10000" to /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf.cnf.
>>
> Are you sure that _all_ braces in your document are properly paired?

Thanks, Zdenek, for your reply.

Yes, I'm sure they are (it works fine with bold).

I reported a bug at
http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2010-October/018895.html and the issue
seems to be a problem between fontspec and the slides document class.

But what I wondered is why editing the texmf.cnf file and generating
format files again had not work.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo