[tex-live] Fwd: texdoc lettrine

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 13 23:21:21 CEST 2010

Hi Donald and all,

It seems to me that "texdoc lettrine" should return lettrine.pdf in
preference to context-lettrine.pdf simply because the package name (and
file name, in this case) is a perfect match.  (Although it's
understandable that foo-doc.pdf would be preferred to foo.pdf.)  In any
case, this has nothing to do, specifically, with context vs. latex.

As far as any changes go, to date Manuel has been the only person
seriously working on texdoc, and he is busy with his thesis, so I doubt
any changes will be coming soon.

As far as your own setup goes, texdoc has an alias mechanism you can use
to do straightforward overrides like this.

Finally, I recommend posting texdoc-related questions and bugs on
texdoc at tug.org instead of here.  (No need to repeat this one, though.)

Thanks,
Karl