[tex-live] texdoc euscript

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Oct 12 13:13:19 CEST 2010

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> you omit my other remark about collecting the data.

Only to keep the thread short, not to bias the conclusions.

> in a resource-poor organisation such as tl, i can't see it ever
> happening.

One possibility would be to enhance TeXdoc itself by
adding a dialogue along the lines of the following :

"Did this display the document you were expecting ?"

"If not, please use the 'browse' option to locate the
  expected file, then press 'upload' so that we can use
  your comments to improve the search algorithm".

Yes, it would take work, but /might/ be worthwhile.

** P.