[tex-live] question about symlinks

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon Nov 29 20:41:53 CET 2010

On 11/29/2010 04:55 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
>
> On 11/30/2010 12:39 AM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>> I forgot to create the symlinks and if I try to create them with the
>> perltk installer (and I guess the other installers might do the same),
>> the whole installation will be performed again.
>
> RIght.

Thanks for your help, Norbert.

I don't know whether reinstalling what it had been already installed
makes any sense (besides updating packages).

>> How can I create the symlinks as root in Linux?
>
> First check that
> tlmgr option sys_bin
> tlmgr option sys_man
> tlmgr option sys_info
> has the values you want for the respective classes of files
> (binaries, man pages, info pages),
>
> then call
> tlmgr path add
> (as root)

Thanks again. It worked fine, but I get the following error:

tlmgr update --all
tlmgr: package repository
http://ftp.gui.uva.es/sites/ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet

Fundamental package texlive.infra not present, uh oh, goodbyeSerious
error, texlive.infra not found at /usr/local/bin/tlmgr line 4797.

How can I fix it?

> All documented in
> tlmgr help
> ;-)

Sorry, I didn't knew that.

I have googled for this error and I found a thread
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2008-December/019516.html and
following your suggestions there, I'm afraid that I get the same result
with "tlmgr -v update --list" and "tlmgr -v -v update --list":

D:W: texlive.infra is mentioned somewhere but not available, disabling
DD:post_select = texlive.infra

Fundamental package texlive.infra not present, uh oh, goodbyeSerious
error, texlive.infra not found at /usr/local/bin/tlmgr line 4797.

Do I have to reinstall everything again?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk