[tex-live] luainputenc broken after updating from version 18253 to 10326 with tlmgr

Benoit RIVET benoit.rivet at free.fr
Fri Nov 19 14:12:50 CET 2010

Le 19 nov. 2010 à 09:59, Benoit RIVET a écrit :

> Le 18 nov. 2010 à 10:48, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
>
>> Am Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:12:20 +0100 schrieb Benoit RIVET:
>>
>>> I've been using MacTex 2010 for a while, and after updating all packages, I happened to stumble upon a bug with luainputenc. Compiling the following minimal example with lualatex
>>
>>> \documentclass{article}
>>> \usepackage[utf8]{luainputenc}
>>> \usepackage{lipsum}
>>> \begin{document}
>>> \lipsum
>>> \end{document}
>>>
>>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>>> \inputencoding ...the \inpenc at posthook \luadirect
>>>                                                 {luainputenc.set_option([[...
>>
>> You can use \let\luadirect\directlua before luainputenc.
>>
>> Perhaps the update announced today of all sort of lua-packages will
>> solve the problem.
>

> Thanks for the advice. I updated as soon as it's been available with tlmgr, and everything works fine with the updated luainputenc.

Sorry, I was too quick in thinking everything is OK again. I must have checked before the update finished, since the same problem shows up again. I guess something changed in the latest LuaTex versions, which causes the new lua*** collection of packages(or part thereof) to be incompatible with the Luatex 0.60 as installed in TeX Live 2010.