[tex-live] bug: packaging of luasseq

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Wed Nov 17 22:52:14 CET 2010

Hi.

The location of files from luasseq needs some changing, at a
minimum luasseq.lua needs to be moved to the tex tree.

This relies on luasseq.lua, which now lies in doc/latex/luasseq/
The most basic loading of luasseq.sty:
   \documentclass{article}
   \usepackage{luasseq}
   \begin{document}
   \end{document}
fails because file luasseq.lua cannot be found. Moving it
to the tex tree solves the problem.

Also, since luasseq.sty relies absolutely on lua, it
should probably be in {tex,doc,source}/lualatex/luasseq/ rather
than {tex,doc,source}/latex/luasseq/ where it now resides.

Regards,
Dan

P.S. (off topic) The failure of luasseq happens at the code
   \directlua0{dofile(kpse.find_file("luasseq.lua"))}
and tex seems to hang. Later I realized that I was seeing
a lua prompt. I was rather surprised that dofile wouldn't just
throw an error. Are the luatexbase utilities the recommended
way of dealing with this?

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Fayetteville, Arkansas