[tex-live] TeX Live installation tools

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Mon Nov 15 16:36:24 CET 2010

Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mi, 03 Nov 2010, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
>> For those of us lacking prescience, what might be a suitable substitute
>> for "...." in "tlmgr postaction ...." ?
>
> Reading the w32client2010 script would help ... I had to do it myself ;-)
> And the same with the tlmgr man page
>
> Adding the binary dir to the sarch path
> 	tlmgr path add		(with optional --w32mode=user or admin)
> Adding the shortcuts for several programs
> 	tlmgr postaction install shortcut dviout.win32 texworks texlive-en tlpsv.win32
> (all with option --w32mode)
>
> Adding file associations
> 	tlmgr postaction install fileassoc dviout.win32 tlpsv.win32 texworks.win32
> with options --w32mode, --fileassocmode
>
> Run xetex postaction script:
> 	tlmgr postaction install script xetex
> (with optional ....)
>

> That should get you going.
>
> With the w32client2010 script you get in addition an entry in the
> uninstall program section, and an additional shortcut with
> TeX Live Prompt.
>
> Reading the man page of tlmgr would give you also the options
> 	tlmgr path add
> 	tlmgr postaction install shortcut --all
> 	tlmgr postaction install fileassoc --all
> 	tlmgr postaction install script --all
> which should do the same, more or less.

but where does the full uninstaller (the one to be found via Remove
programmes) come from?

The uninstaller in w32client only removes some stuff from the desktop,
the menus and from the PATH. It does not remove the TL, installation
which of course it should not.

I would like to end up with a feature where one, after the TL
transplant, will not be able to see the difference between the
transplanted TL and a TL installed into the same location using the
netinstaller.

in w32client we have

# create some shortcuts
unshift @ARGV, 'install', 'shortcut',
   'dviout.win32', 'texworks', 'texlive-en', 'tlpsv.win32';
action_postaction();

can I somehow ask it to install everything? more or less what
do_tlpdb_postactions does in the net installer.

(so far I'm a bit reluctant to test anything on windows unless I
actually know what is going on, as to not mess up say the registry)

--

/daleif