[tex-live] Update all installed failed

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Nov 13 16:39:42 CET 2010

Norbert Preining wrote:

>> Could this be related to the fact that I have had TeXworks
>> open throughout much of this dialogue ?

> You LOVE to shoot yourself into the knee????
>
> Do you know how much time I have? Wasting it is not the best move!

But to be fair, most analogous utilities detected that an application
that needs to be updated is currently running, warns the user, and
either asks the user to shut down the offending application or offers
to do so on behalf of the user.  TLMGR does neither ...

** Phil.