[tex-live] purifyeps not working

Rolf Niepraschk Rolf.Niepraschk at ptb.de
Wed Nov 10 09:46:24 CET 2010

Am 10.11.2010 04:10, schrieb Scott Pakin:

 > mpost.fmp is necessary but not sufficient for purifyeps to run.
 > purifyeps really does rely on the complete pstoedit -- it's basically
 > not much more than a postprocessor for pstoedit's output.

Thank you for the explanation, but the problem still remains. On my
Linux system "pstoedit" is installed, nevertheless I get the error

   purifyeps: No such file or directory (mpost.fmp)

The file "mpost.fmp" is in "/usr/share/pstoedit/". A directly call of
"pstoedit" works:

   pstoedit -f "mpost" foo.eps  foo.mp

The version:

pstoedit -v
pstoedit: version 3.50 / DLL interface 108

What is wrong?

...Rolf