[tex-live] tlmgr and TEXINPUTS

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Nov 9 00:31:52 CET 2010

On 2010-11-09 00:19, Lars Madsen wrote:
> On 2010-11-09 00:09, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Lars Madsen<daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:
>>> On 2010-11-08 23:50, Norbert Preining wrote:
>>>>

>>> tlmgr update --all
>>>
>>> and perhaps one the might do
>>>
>>> tlmgr update --all
>>

>> You mean
>>
>> tlmgr update --self
>>
>> Two "tlmgr update --all" buttons would cause "Buridan ass dilemma" and
>> mass confusion and may be even a flame war between left and right
>> buttoners :-)
>>
>> Victor
>>

> no actually I meant --list in the last case
>
> Incidentally I just ran
>
> tlmgr -gui
>
> on my Ubuntu
>
> Hit 'Update all installed'
>
> it loaded the DB gave me a message that it needed to update itself and
> would I please press 'Update all installed' again.
>
> Behind the list was reduced to the infra update, and then the graphical
> tlmgr crashed
>
> luckily for me I started from a terminal, so I got the
>
> Please update the package manager first, via either
> tlmgr update --self
>
> message
>
> (don't know if the infra update was to fix some of this...)
>

> /daleif

Isn't 'Update all installed' a misleading name? it does exactly the same
as tlmgr update --all

but that include auto-removing packages, updating packages and
installing new packages

not something I associate with the term 'Update all installed'

Though I do not currently have a better term for it.

/daleif