[tex-live] TEXINPUTS on windows

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Nov 6 21:18:32 CET 2010

Am Sat, 6 Nov 2010 21:44:41 +0200 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

>>>I have some doubts that adding something to TEXINPUTS is the
>>>equivalent to the miktex interface. Miktex knows also TEXINPUTS but
>>>it isn't meant to add a complete root.

>>>At my opinion you are looking for a way to add C:\mytexstuff (which
>>>should be a TDS) as a new root to e.g. TEXMFLOCAL.

> TEXMFHOME is not inside texlive tree, its location should be somewhere
> in the user's home (or whatever Windows equivalent of it is).

What I meant is that Lars would like to add an additional root to
TEXMFLOCAL. E.g. As miktex hadn't luatex until last month I used for
some time the luatex from w32tex.org in a minimal texmf. In the
texmf.cnf I had e.g. a setting

TEXMFLOCAL    =
I:/TeX-Roots/UFlocaltexmf,I:/TeX-Roots/winfonts,I:/TeX-Roots/biblatex-beta

(the actual roots varied, many of them where added only temporarly).

--
Ulrike Fischer