[tex-live] TEXINPUTS on windows

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Nov 6 15:13:25 CET 2010

Am Fri, 05 Nov 2010 14:35:11 +0100 schrieb Lars Madsen:

> Given a TL10 on windows and a user who has a dir with his own private
> packages, say C:\mytexstuff
>
> How do we add this to TEXINPUTS in TL10?
>
> MikTeX has a very easy interface for this, but I have no idea as to how
> one should add this on TL10. I assume it is texmf.cnf in texlive/2010/,
> but I cannot figure out the syntax

I have some doubts that adding something to TEXINPUTS is the
equivalent to the miktex interface. Miktex knows also TEXINPUTS but
it isn't meant to add a complete root.

At my opinion you are looking for a way to add C:\mytexstuff (which
should be a TDS) as a new root to e.g. TEXMFLOCAL.

--
Ulrike Fischer