[tex-live] TEXINPUTS on windows

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 17:00:28 CET 2010

2010/11/5 Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk>:
> Norbert Preining wrote:
>>
>> On Fr, 05 Nov 2010, Lars Madsen wrote:
>>>
>>> TEXINPUTS=c:/mytexstuff//;
>>> to texmf.cnf?
>>>
>>> If this is so complicated, I'd recommend adding a better interface for
>>> this to the tlmgr TODO list. This is one of the features I like in
>>> MikTeX.
>>
>> tlmgr conf texmf TEXINPUTS 'c:/mytexstuff//;'
>>
>> As a mantra: reading the man page of tlmgr helps.
>
> just tested this on Win7
>
> it added the line
>
> TEXINPUTS = 'c:/mytexstuff//;'
>
> to texmf.cnf

See chapter 3 in the documentation of kpathsea. Remember that you may
have several files of the same name in different directories and
kpathsea selects the proper one according to format and engine. That's
why you cannot just set the generic TEXINPUT in texmf.cnf while the
specific TEINPUT.something is defined. It is not necesary to start a
new dosprompt after modifying texmf.cnf.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/