[tex-live] apparent bug in detex

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Thu Nov 4 02:23:02 CET 2010

On Wed 3rd Nov, 2010 at 04:57, Richard Koch seems to have written:

> Folks,
>
> Victor Ivrii wrote "My understanding is that the problem (painfully slow performance of
> pdftotext and may be some other executables) is endemic to MacOSX arch
> ppc and I also believe that it was compiled by Richard Koch."
>
> This binary isn't on my machine at all and isn't part of MacTeX. Where did you get
> it?

The version on my machine is from poppler 0.8.3. I compiled it from
source. This does not apply to any version on anybody else's machine.
But as far as any improper compilation of this particular version is
concerned, I am wholly responsible for my own predicament. (If it is a
bug in the source rather than improper compilation or a bug in OS X,
I'm not responsible for the problem though I am still responsible for
the compilation.) Any and all attempts to assign responsibility
elsewhere are misguided, however well intentioned.

Best,
Clea