[tex-live] tlmgr ftp issues?

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Thu May 20 11:11:55 CEST 2010

On 20 May 2010, at 09:50, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> tim, can't you specify a specific server rather than letting
> mirror.ctan
> choose it for you?  if you want to use tex.ac.uk, specify
> http://www.tex.ac.uk; otherwise there are any number of other places
> you
> could use.

Yes, I can obviously make it work - just using -no-persistent-
connections works (but probably means it will be slower and more
expensive) or I can specify another server or protocol.

So I'm not at all worried about getting it to work for me, I just
think it should be possible to fix tlmgr so it does not suffer from
this kind of thing in the first instance.