[tex-live] include directories to search for additonal files like *.bib *.sty, etc.

Thomas Jung thomas.jung at public-files.de
Tue May 11 20:51:12 CEST 2010

Hello Akira,

> [..]
> I don't implement to understand TEXINPUTS=sty:
> Please use
> TEXINPUTS=sty: on Unix and
> TEXINPUTS=sty; on Windows. sorry.

just a final question about the order, because a ; or : at the beginning
works also.

If I set the env var to this TEXINPUTS=sty; then the subdiretory sty
and then the system path will be searched for style files and perhaps
my own styles will be overwritten. And if I set TEXINPUTS=;sty then
_first_ the tex system paths are searched for style files and then the sty
subdirectory will be searched for style files and perhaps existing
tex system styles will be overwritten by my styles?

Is that right ?

Thomas