[tex-live] PS_View

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Mar 24 01:06:22 CET 2010

Philip TAYLOR a écrit :
> Passing over my earlier "Installation flexibility
> and configurability" thread (my thanks to all for their
> helpful comments), I have now run into a new problem.
> PS_View has installed itself, and taken over the WinEDT
> hooks for viewing PDF documents.  There is nothing under
> Add/Remove Programs to throw out the (unwanted) PS_View,
> nor can I find anything in TL Manager to allow me to
> remove it.  How, please, can I get rid of PS_View and
> return to using Adobe Acrobat as my sole interface for
> reading/viewing/manipulating PDF files ?

I guess the problem is not actually PS_View being installed, but rather that the
PDF files are now associated with it. I seem to remember there is an option
about that in the installer (even in wizard mode). Anyway, you can undo the
associations with

tlmgr postinstall remove fileassoc tlpsv.win32

Alternatively, of course you can just plain remove PS_view using tlmgr, either
in GUI mode or in command line mode:

tlmgr remove --force tlpsv

hth,
Manuel.