[tex-live] Triggering mktextex

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Mar 16 12:04:35 CET 2010

Heiko Oberdiek a écrit :
> \openin does not respect the feature.
> It can be on purpose, because it is used in \IfFileExists.

I seem to remember that's the reason indeed (though I can't find any reference
right now). For this case, kpse_find_file is called with false as its last
argument (must_exist), so that it doesn't try to "make" the file with an mk* script.

> But it is not a clean way, because \openin could expect
> real data files that should be generated by mktextex or
> \pdffile(size,moddate) are used for existence tests,
> especially for graphics files (\pdfximage supports space
> in file names).

I tend to agree. Morover, if some day we want to use mktextex for on-the-fly
installation of packages à la MikTeX, we'd better have mktextex triggered by
\openin, since it's used by \usepackage before doing an \input, iirc. Then, it's
up to mktextex to do the right thing if the file is not actually meant to exist.

Manuel.