[tex-live] installing TeXLive

Fri Mar 12 13:28:05 CET 2010

Hi,
today I installed TeXLive with my students on 16 computers.
I have to use VMware for running Linux under Windows.
On every computer and with every mirror I get errors
like

./tlpkg/installer/xz/xzdec.i386-linux: (stdin): Unexpected end of input
tar: Das sieht nicht wie ein „tar“-Archiv aus.
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
untar: untarring /home/voss/texlive/temp/tap.tar failed (in
/home/voss/texlive/texmf-dist)
untarring /home/voss/texlive/temp/tap.tar failed, stopping install.
Installation failed.
Rerunning the installer will try to restart the installation.
Or you can restart by running the installer with:
  install-tl --profile installation.profile [EXTRA-ARGS]
Writing log file to current working directory.
voss at linux-f5ux:~/Downloads/install-tl-20100311>

restarting with using the mirror of my own university
(ftp.fu-berlin.de) doesn't really helped. I have no idea if
this might be a problem of VMware, which runs under Windows XP.
It was a bit curious, because it was not the same package
where the installer stopped on the different computers.

Herbert