[tex-live] error in supp-pdf.mkii again?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 12 00:06:35 CET 2010

    \newcommand{\undefined}{\textbf{undefined}}

I know there were a lot of replies to this already, but ...

1. IMHO, any document that defines \undefined deserves what it gets, so
   "no change" (which seems to be where we ended up, with Heiko's
   workarounds) is ok with me.

2. Nevertheless, in order to minimize such stupid breakage, rms long ago
   recommended using \thisisundefined instead of just \undefined.  IMHO,
   I think that couldn't hurt.  Using special characters or etex
   commands, in this particular case, seems like it causes at least as
   much trouble as it solves.  As discussed.

Humbly,
Karl