[tex-live] /graphics/prerex

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Tue Jun 29 17:34:21 CEST 2010

 >|>  + prerex: an interactive editor, this is now (version 6.0) packaged as a
 >|>    gzipped tarball with an autoconf-generated configure script; should be
 >|>    straightforward.
 >|
 >|lib dependencies? What libs do you need to build that one?

Essentially just readline.  Is that a showstopper?  I guess I could build
readline in a sub-directory.

 >|> does it build on all the architectures we support?
 >|
 >|Probably not; I just helped him porting it from CentOS to OpenSUSE. :-)
 >|I doubt that it will compile on e.g. HP-UX; that needs some autofoo
 >|work.

readline can be configured to use different termcap-like libraries and
I don't know how to configure autoconf to deal with that. I have built
prerex on solaris-i86pc but using a tailor-made Makefile.

Bob T.