[tex-live] PTeX engine

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Sat Jun 26 14:04:39 CEST 2010

Hello!

I removed the pTeX based formats from the configuration file (since I
don't know exactly what pTeX is meant for I assume it's rather
useless, at least for me, so I keep it disabled since some time). Now
tlmgr tells me when regenerating formats:

	regenerating fmtutil.cnf in /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-var
	running fmtutil-sys --byengine ptex ...

	fmtutil-sys --byengine ptex failed (status 1), output:
	fmtutil: no format depends on engine `ptex'.

	running fmtutil-sys --byengine luatex ...
	done running fmtutil-sys --byengine luatex.
	running fmtutil-sys --byfmt metafun ...
	done running fmtutil-sys --byfmt metafun.
	running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-en ...
	done running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-en.
	tlmgr: exiting unsuccessfully (status 1).

Particularly the use of the word "unsuccessfully" in the last line is
not appropriate. I have up-to-date format files, exactly those I wish
to have. This deserves the predicate "succesful". And it would not let
me fear that something during the update might have failed...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Know thyself. Need help, call GOOGLE.