[tex-live] use of x86_64-darwin only in mactex 2010

Yan Zhou zhouyan1014 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 00:23:08 CEST 2010

I have just one question, how does tlmgr determine the arch?

When I tried to remove universal-darwin (i know it is not necessary, but i
just tried), tlmgr shows,
You are running on arch universal-darwin, you cannot remove that one!
I am running SL on an i7 macbook pro, with 64-bit kernel. So on which
machines, tlmgr will detect it to be x86_64-darwin instead of
universal-darwin? My guess is Mac Pro, which runs 64bit kernel by default.