[tex-live] What to provide from DVD TeX Collection for the doggy bag?

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 15 17:28:21 CEST 2010

Hello,

tomorrow, we'll give a meeting for beginner, intermediate and
adanced levels in LaTeX with courses, workshops, etc.:

http://gte.univ-littoral.fr/sections/stage-latex/programme (in French).

For our visitors, I'd like to provide on some computers a set of
necessary (and sufficient) elements from the official DVD TeX
Collection 2009 that allows them, by copying it on their USB stick, to
install a complete TeX Live 2009 on their own boxes. The whole DVD is
too big!

>From the DVD, I guess I have to copy:

  1. of course the whole TeX Live directory (I'm afraid because that's
  what I'm doing and it takes a very long time: I hope copying it from
  the computers to the USB sticks will be OK);

  2. the MacTeX directory;

  3. the Setup directory.

I guess it is sufficient (and necessary ;) If somebody has some advices
to let me know, I'll be very happy!

Thanks!
--
Denis