[tex-live] mkluatexfontdb version 1.07, database version 2.009 crashes

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Jun 6 09:11:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

Christos Chryssochoidis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Me too, I get crashes when running mkluatexfontdb. My crash report is
> as follows:

This is not the first texlua/luatex problem on the Mac, I fear. At the
moment, there is nothing much I can do about it myself. My company has
exactly one Mac (intel 10.5) that I can sometimes use for debugging,
but is normally used for production purposes.

None of the other luatex team have a Mac either, I think I will ask
NTG for funding to buy a dedicated luatex/metapost development Mac,
which may be the best solution.

Meanwhile, for the people reporting crashes: I am curious whether
context's luatools crashes as well. Can you try to run

   luatools --generate

and see whether that completes correctly?

Best wishes,
Taco
(luatex team)