[tex-live] TeXLive installation from live distribution cd/dvd?

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Jun 2 13:45:05 CEST 2010

Manfred Lotz wrote:

> My question: How do we deal with such kind of installations? If we say
> we don't support (although it might work) TeXLive installation from
> Linux live cds/dvds then perhaps we should state it in the
> documentation.

Would it not be better (and certainly safer) to state
which distributions /are/ supported (e.g., download
from specified location at CTAN, install from TUG
original DVD, etc) and state that all other
installations are strictly at the installer's risk ?

Philip Taylor