[tex-live] TeXLive installation from live distribution cd/dvd?

Manfred Lotz manfred at dante.de
Wed Jun 2 13:23:42 CEST 2010

Hi all,
In Germany a guy complained that the TeXLive installation didn't work
from his Puppy live distribution CD.

The error message said that Usage.pm was not found. Actually,
Usage.pm is part of most Linux distributions in either the Perl
package itself or in some perl-module package as in Ubuntu.

My question: How do we deal with such kind of installations? If we say
we don't support (although it might work) TeXLive installation from
Linux live cds/dvds then perhaps we should state it in the
documentation.

What do you think?

--
Thanks,