[tex-live] BibTeXU

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 13:21:19 CEST 2010

On 01/06/2010 11:56, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
>> I gather this is what used to be bibtex8 in former years?
>>
>> bibtexu is/was a project by Yannis (and a student or two) to use the ICU
>> library with BibTeX. Peter also put in the massive efforts needed to
>> make this work in the TL build system and have bibtexu and xetex use the
>> same ICU library
>
> Bibtexu does not actually seem to work all that well, or at least it
> has some quirks on my linux 64 box. I experimented a bit because it
> sounds promising. Long email follows.

[snip]

Looks like you put in a lot more effort than me! I'd wondered about the
sorting files, too, and couldn't seem to make any sense of it. Any idea
about the "--language" option: I tried it with various settings and
nothing seemed to happen.

(BTW, we now have two bugs: a) \citation{*}, b) line end handling, which
should get logged somewhere. Any ideas on where makes sense?)
--
Joseph Wright