[tex-live] Pretest TL2010 (successes)

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 15 18:04:31 CEST 2010

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> > I can recommend you this webpage (Fujita Shinsaku) with some additional packages:
> > http://xymtex.com/fujitas2/texlatex/
> >
> > Also packages as zhspacing, gezhu (Jjgod Jiang) and other CJKV-related packages might be added to CTAN / TeX Live one day.
> > http://code.google.com/p/zhspacing/
> > http://code.google.com/p/gezhu/
>
> if these package would occur on CTAN then they would appear in TeX Live
> very fast.
>
> Do you want to take the duty to collect these package and upload them
> to CTAN, contacting the authors maybe?

zhspacing is on ctan and in tex live (2009 at least).  i don't know if
the complaint is that it's not the latest version: we can't control that
-- we assume that people who update their ctan packages will send us a
version.

gezhu isn't on ctan.  if jjgod jiang chooses to upload it, all to the
good, but i've more than enough to do without chasing packages that
someone other than the author wants on ctan.

> > http://xymtex.com/fujitas2/texlatex/

i don't even understand what most of those are about.  there seem to be
few comments, and those are often in oriental languages that i can't
read.

if someone chooses to upload a bundle of these things to ctan, with
documentation of some sort, then (supposing that the licences are right)
we could expect to see them in fairly short order, too.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team