[tex-live] Repstopdf and Shell Escape

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Jul 13 18:58:04 CEST 2010

Le 13/07/2010 18:12, Heiko Oberdiek a écrit :
> %%% cut %%% epstopdf-sys.cfg %%% cut %%%
> % Public domain.
> % History:
> % 2010/06/06 v1.2
> % 2010/07/13 v1.3
> % * Use `epstopdf' instead of `repstopdf' if \pdfshellescape == 1
> %
> \ProvidesFile{epstopdf-sys.cfg}%
>   [2010/07/13 v1.3 Configuration of (r)epstopdf for TeX Live]%
> \def\epstopdf at sys@cmd{repstopdf}% default is restricted epstopdf
> % epstopdf-sys loads pdftexcmds, \pdf at shellescape is provided
> % for LuaTeX as well
> \begingroup\expandafter\expandafter\expandafter\endgroup
> \expandafter\ifx\csname pdf at shellescape\endcsname\relax
> \else
>   \ifcase\pdf at shellescape
>   \or
>     \def\epstopdf at sys@cmd{epstopdf}% unrestricted if \pdfshellescape == 1
>   \fi
> \fi
> \epstopdfsetup{%
>   program at epstopdf=\epstopdf at sys@cmd
> }%
> \endinput
> %%% cut %%% epstopdf-sys.cfg %%% cut %%%
>
> (untested)

Looks fine to me. Tested, works (ie, compiling with an image in a forbidden path
fails without --shell-escape and works with it), hence applied.

Thanks very much for this so prompt fix, Heiko!

Herb, things should work properly starting with tomorrow's updates. Please
report again if it doesn't.

(Btw, in general, I think my previous remark still holds and we should do
something about inheritance of security settings between processes, at some point.)

Manuel.