[tex-live] INstalling Mathspec on Fedora

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jul 13 17:56:34 CEST 2010

On Di, 13 Jul 2010, chandrasekhar s wrote:
>            I am using fedora 13 and i had installed Tex Live. It doesn't

>      There is some error. It says mathspec requires new version of XeTex. So
> what should i do. Please provide the command line arguments.

I don't know which version of TeX Live Fedora 13 is stipping, so
providing a bit more information would be useful, or do you expect
us to check what Fedora is actually checking?

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[quiet]{mathspec}
>
> \setmathsfont[latin]{ITC Veljovic Std}
> \begin{document}
>
> HI--
>
> HOW ARE U?
>

> \end{document}

Your test run *without* any problem on both Debian/TeX Live which is
TeX Live 2009, as well as TeX Live 2010, so I don't see any further need of
action here.

If Fedora 13 ships TL 2008 or TL2007 or whatever then you have the following
otpions:
- upgrade your Operating System
- install TeX Live 2010 locally
- don't use mathspec