[tex-live] TL'10 pretest trial

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Jul 4 18:03:06 CEST 2010

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> Pretesters are expected to be advanced users, and to easily come and talk on the
> TL list. When they do so, we help them installing if necessary. For now, we
> didn't have so many questions about the pretesting process on the list (but many
> bug reports about pretest, indicating we do have pretesters), so I guess the
> explanations on the page are more or less suited to the average pretester.

OK, fair enough : I am happy to accept that you and Norbert are confident
that everything in the garden is rosy, and that feedback such as mine
is either an indication that I am not an advanced user or that I feel
inhibited in raising queries on the TL list.

I now start to remember why, each year that a new TeX Live
pre-test is announced, I feel ever more reluctant to participate.

** Phil.