[tex-live] TeX Live 2009 : re-locate TEXMFLOCAL ?

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 15:35:32 CEST 2010

On 07/02/2010 08:21 AM, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> Dear Colleagues -- Following a clean install of TL 2009 on this
> machine yesterday, I now see that TEXMFLOCAL is in
>
>     E:/TeX/Live/TeXMF/Local/
>
> rather than in
>
>     E:/TeX/Live/2009/TeXMF/Local/
>
> as I had intended.  How can I retrospectively move this
> folder such that all continues to work ?

On my Linux + TL '10 system, this works:

chesky at derrial:~$ kpsewhich texmf.cnf
/opt/texlive/2010/texmf.cnf
chesky at derrial:~$ cat /opt/texlive/2010/texmf.cnf
% This texmf.cnf file should contain only your personal changes from the
% main texmf.cnf.
%
% Do NOT change values in the main file (which is in
% .../texlive/YYYY/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf), as YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST
% by later updates.
%
% If you need to make changes to texmf.cnf, put your custom settings in
% this file instead, which is YYYY/texmf.cnf.  And insert *only* your
% changed values.
%
TEXMFHOME = /home/chesky/texmf
chesky at derrial:~$

I'd guess you should edit the file pointed to by `kpsewhich texmf.cnf'
and include your override of TEXMFLOCAL.

--Joel