[tex-live] mptopdf on Windows 7 / runscript.tlu error

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 29 16:34:32 CET 2010

2010/1/29 Georg Weissenbacher <georg.weissenbacher at gmx.at>:
> I found out that the problem was that I had no ruby interpreter
> installed on my system (while texlive seems to include perl, it
> doesn't provide ruby). It works now (thanks to your help).

Still, it is very strange that the error came from runscript.tlu (as
you reported) and not somewhere from mptopdf, i.e. the mptopdf process
should be spawned properly in any case and the fact that it might fail
and return with a non-zero exit code is inconsequential to
runscript.tlu -- it will just propagate this exit code silently to the
calling process to let it decide what to do with it.

Have you found the reason why the runscript.tlu script fails?

Cheers,

Tomek